Thursday, February 22, 2018

1y0m12d : Nursery germs are real

Oh my god. Why so many germs? How can we have so many colds? It's relentless! One after the other after the other. I know it could be worse- that MJ could have had ear infections or chest infections or things that require greater intervention. Mostly she just pours snot out of her nose and occasionally squeezes some out of her eyes if it's particularly bad.

But why do I have to get all the colds as well? I'm a socialized human adult who has interacted with any number of germs in my lifetime. It seems tremendously unfair. I am currently suffering from one of the worse colds so far in that my sinuses are completely stuffed up.  Because I'm still breast feeding, you aren't really supposed to take decongestants.  Although I've been told this is because it can dry up milk, and I'm not actually so worried about that at this point.

But honestly. It's just dreadful.  I'm trying to be thankful for the small things- like, how glad I am that when I leave work it's still daylight, and when I leave nursery, it's not pitch black. These things make me happy.

But so does breathing.  Spring and warm weather really can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment