Thursday, June 9, 2016

Blood Test Update

So I did get an actual reading for the beta hCG blood test, and it came back today (1 day later) so that's good. The 14 dpo reading was 59.3 iu/L.  Apparently the range can be anywhere from 5-426 iu/L, and the average for a singleton pregnancy is 48 iu/L.  So I'm above average, although it seems on the low end compared to other women posting results that I've seen.  What seems to matter more is the doubling rate which should be around every 48 hours.  So, I've paid for and booked another blood test for tomorrow morning. I don't know if I'll get the results on Saturday or will have to wait until Monday.  I'm glad that they gave me the actual number.  I'm slightly annoyed (although should have anticipated) having to pay for another blood test.  Depending on the results I don't think I'll book a third.  If it's doubling I may just be happy with that.  If it's really low, I'll call my clinic or GP and get them to take it up because it could be a sign of something going wrong or an ectopic pregnancy.  I wouldn't be in the situation where it dips and then rises which they think is due to an embryo falling off, because I know there was only one.

Budget update:

Previous total£12722
Private beta hCG blood test£134
New total £12856

No comments:

Post a Comment