Wednesday, June 29, 2016

35dpo 7w3d - First Scan

Back from my first scan and all is well!  The sac was easy to spot, in the uterus, and the flickering of the heartbeat was also visible.  Otherwise, it was all just a squidge, so there wasn't much else to see or report on.  I feel as though the scans done in the States are more detailed because there was no discussion of yolk or pole or anything else.  The radiologist did measure the squidge and it must have been alright because she didn't raise any alarms about it.


So there's the little squidge!  She labelled it for me, in case it wasn't clear.

Otherwise it was a relatively quick and uneventful appointment.  When I got there, the radiologist was confused about why I was there for such an early scan.  The first scan is usually at 12 weeks.  So I said, you know, to see if it's in the right place, the right size, that it's got a heartbeat. So that's basically what she did. It was all relatively quick.  My friend who works across the street from me came with me.  I hadn't originally planned to have anyone go with me, but she offered and I felt like it was probably a good idea.  I mean, if things had not gone well, I'm sure I would have been on the phone to people immediately, but it was good to have someone there, so that worked out well.

After the scan the radiologist seemed confused about when I would next be in.  She thought I might not be in until the 20 week scan but I'm sure that's not right.  But they couldn't seem to work this out, so instead have told me to meet with my midwife (first appointment in 2 weeks, week 9) and that they would make the appropriate scans.  That was a little bit frustrating, but I don't think it makes any difference.  I will get the scans I need when I need them, but it's always annoying when things aren't joined up and smooth.

So despite not really feeling pregnant, I clearly am.  Really hard to believe.  Almost as much as the first positive pregnancy test!  So onward to my next hoop jumping, midwife appointment and NIPT. But definitely a huge relief to pass this hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment