Monday, March 21, 2016

IUI 2 - Day 11 scan 3 and procedure scheduled

This morning I had my third scan. It looks like I have two follicles growing and a third a bit behind. So apparently I'm responding well to treatment this month. The largest of the two main follicles was 16mm (the other was 15mm and the third was 11mm) and they usually want it at 18mm to trigger. So I'm going to trigger tomorrow with my procedure sometime on Wednesday. I say 'sometime' because the clinic has been unable to give me a precise time for it which is only a little bit problematic with work scheduling, etc. Tomorrow would have actually been much easier in some ways. Anyway, we'll see. I'm a tiny bit frustrated with my clinic because they seem to be overstretched sometimes. I think this is probably because it is also the NHS clinic for the Cambridge area. In fact, it's pretty much the only fertility clinic in the city. This isn't terrible because on a whole, I think it's an excellent clinic with good results and friendly staff. However, there's clearly some sort of issue with having enough staff or the scheduling that it ends up being stressful. Of course this process is stressful enough without wondering when your next appointment is going to be, or if they're going to forget that you are supposed to have an appointment! I'm sure this wouldn't happened, and so far hasn't happened, but like I said it adds a level of extra stress during what is already a stressful time. On the plus side, the clinic is relatively easy to get to. Cambridge is a pretty small place. The clinic is what- about 1.5-2 miles from here? And it's literally straight down the same road I work on, so pretty convenient by bicycle or by taxi. I haven't even looked at buses yet because I generally hate dealing with the buses in Cambridge, but I bet there's one that goes that way as well. Anyway. One more Gonal F tonight and then Pregnyl some time tomorrow. Interestingly when I was talking to the nurse who did my scan this morning, she was saying that for IUI the timing is less important than for IVF which makes sense. So I feel less stressed about the timing issue given that it's IUI. On the other hand, if this cycle doesn't work and I move on to IVF, this scheduling malarkey really can't continue like this or I'll be extra stressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment