Friday, March 18, 2016

IUI 2 - Day 8 Scan 2

Had my second scan this morning. It looks like there are two follicles growing- one was 12mm and the other was 11. There were a bunch more that were much smaller. I don't think I mentioned that when I had my scan on Monday there were about 12 follicles as opposed to the first IUI cycle when there were about 6 or 7. So I'm intrigued that I might have two growing for this IUI cycle. I really do not want multiples, but given the high chances of chromosomal abnormalities in eggs of women my age, having 2 eggs would be pretty cool. I go back for a third scan on Monday and I suspect that I will trigger either Monday or Tuesday nights with the IUI on Tuesday or Wednesday. Until then, it's 75 of Gonal-F every night. The nurse who did my scan was very positive. I don't think they're just blowing smoke up my ass, I mean, what would be the point? But she said that my numbers looked great and the ovary looked great and was overall, very positive. We talked a bit about my fertility and she was enthusiastic that I was following a good protocol given where all of my numbers were at. So that made me feel good. I tell you what, it's funny how much quicker the stimulating goes than the two week wait!! In other news, it took them 4 tries to get blood out of me which was a little bit annoying. For some reason the nurses at the clinic are struggling with my veins. My GP doesn't have as much trouble and usually gets it on the first try but at the clinic it's always at least 2 tries and sometimes more. Today they ended up taking it out of the back of my hand (tried there twice!). The nurse who did the scan said that if my scan on Monday looked good and my blood today looked good, then they wouldn't need to take blood again on Monday because all of my results so far have been completely normal and fine and so there's no reason to think it wouldn't be on Monday. They can just make a determination based on the scan. So that's good. Yesterday I had a chance to hold my friend's 8-week old baby. We were in a coffee shop and there was another couple with a 5-week old baby! They're so little!! Although the 8-week old was noticeably bigger than the 5-week old. They do grow fast. It's hard to imagine that I might end up with one of those - even though it's the goal. It's impossible to think that far ahead in the process. Right now all I can think about are follicles and scans. Then it will be the IUI procedure and then the long two week wait with the hope of seeing some faint line appear on a stick. Actual babies just seem so far removed from the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment