Friday, July 8, 2016

44dpo 8w5d - So Tired

Aside from slightly fuller, firmer breasts, the one symptom that I am experiencing relatively strongly is exhaustion.  I wake up and I'm practically tired again straight away.  It hasn't helped I'm sure that this has been an incredibly full week.  I ran a workshop from Sunday night to Thursday late afternoon which started at 7:30/8:00am every day and went through dinner.  Today, no rest for the weary, I had to get up early and cycle across town to do some lecturing.  All stuff I love and enjoy, but man am I beat.

A friend of mine who reads this blog (but doesn't comment!! :P ;) ) texted me to suggest that my iron could be low.  So when I have my midwife appointment next week, I will ask about this, and maybe they will test it.  It would be good if there was a way I could help this particular symptom, but then another friend who I had lunch with today suggested that tiredness in pregnancy is just something you have to deal with and it doesn't particularly go away.

I guess I'll find out!  I've also read that progesterone can make you feel more tired as well.  I have about a week left of Cyclogest, so another thing I'll be bringing up to the midwife next week.  I'm really not confident at all about when I should be stopping the progesterone and how I should be stopping it.  As I'm on two a day, should I start by reducing to one a day?  And do I have enough to that, and if I did want to do that, when should I start?  I have enough to get through to Tuesday without sacrificing any one choice, so hopefully I'll get more insight from the midwife.

In other news, because I was at a workshop most of the week, where food is included, I felt that I ate like a pig and that I'd gained at least 5 pounds.  In particular I thought this was true because my gut felt 'tight'.  But when I weighed myself this morning at home, I only gained a pound and a half from all the cookies.  So maybe the tightness is just the little squidge growing from a blueberry to a raspberry size?  In general, as I am overweight, I'd like to be fairly careful with weight gain during pregnancy.  I'm not supposed to gain all that much, given my starting weight/BMI, so I'd like to try to keep on top of that.

2 comments:

  1. Even when you have sleepless nights with a newborn, pregnancy tiredness is worse! But the second trimester is usually better. I hope it is for you! Gabe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I've also heard that when I get off the progesterone supplements it may help with tiredness. Although that could also be due to the typical timing of stopping (end of first trimester-ish). xx

      Delete