Friday, February 19, 2016

IUI 1 - Day 8, Scan 2

Back from my second scan this morning.  It's a different game to egg freezing.  The nurse was very pleased with the scan where there was one growing follicle (around 14mm) and 5 sleeping baby follicles.  Of course with egg freezing, or IVF, you want all the follicles to be growing at an equal rate.  So I was a bit tense when I only saw one follicle emerging.  Of course with IUI, this is exactly what you want!  You don't want multiples because that would risk multiple babies.  The nurse was very positive about what she was looking at, so that was all good.  And my uterine lining was also as desired.  I have another scan on Monday and will continue with the 75 Gonal F injections.  I suspect Monday night or Tuesday night will trigger so Tuesday or Wednesday will be the insemination.

They also took my blood again today to ensure everything is on track and as desired.  I shouldn't get a phone call unless there's something wrong and they want to change the drug dose.  This time it only took two tries to get blood out of me.  On Monday I think I'm going to slug a large glass or two of water before cycling to the clinic.  Being a human pin cushion is not particularly amusing.

Meanwhile, my second acupuncture appointment is scheduled for tomorrow.  I've been good about taking my conception vitamins.  I've also signed up to the Single Mothers by Choice website so I can make use of the forums.  I've added a couple of links to the side of the blog and plan to add more as and when I find them useful or of interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment