Tuesday, May 24, 2016

IVF 1 - Day 16 A Drug Free Day

It's very weird not to be worried about doing my injections today.  I'm trying to make myself drink a lot of water as I was told to, but I keep forgetting.  I am sort of known for not drinking a lot in general.

I had a look at my egg freezing cycles charting and I think I was charting stimulation days not period days, so this would be Day 15 on stims and Day 16 counting from period day 1.  By comparison, my egg freezing retrievals were Day 17, 17, and 16.  So I'm on target for tomorrow compared to previous cycles, on the early side.  For some reason I find reassurance in being consistent.

I just got cash out of the machine in preparation for my taxi to the clinic in the morning- no cycling for me!  I also bought some snacks yesterday as they told me I might want to bring my own as all they provide are unexciting biscuits.  And of course I won't be having any food after dinner tonight until around 11ish tomorrow.

My friend is coming around 11:30/12:00 to pick me up in her car and take me home.  I've asked at every single scan if this will be okay- that she's not there 'from the start' as it says in the literature they sent me home with.  If I get any flack about this tomorrow morning I will throw a massive fit. On the off chance my friend is late I'm also bringing my kindle and tablet but I suspect I'll only be coming around fully about 11ish anyway.

Right now this all feels very surreal.  My ovary isn't particularly noticeable.  I haven't done any injections.  I'm sitting at work (procrastinating by writing in my blog).  It's hard to believe this is really happening tomorrow.  And of course there's the caveat of all the possible failure points between now and a successful transfer.

At least I'll be busy at a workshop Thursday and Friday through the majority of the first phases of waiting.  Oh, and I completely forgot to pee on a stick this morning.  I think I can still do it this afternoon to see the double line.  If I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment