Friday, May 6, 2016

Obsessing over timing

No period today.  I did pee on a stick this morning to make absolutely sure that I wasn't actually pregnant somehow and it got missed from the last cycle.  My gut certainly feels like my period is coming.  However, so far, no period.  In order to avoid the conflict I have with the 26/27 I'm not moderately obsessed with trying to work out the likelihood of it being a problem by fixating on dates. In order to stop obsessing I'm going to dump it all here so I can just look at it to confirm what I'm counting.  Indulge me.

If my period arrives tomorrow (May 7) and that was Day 1, then (Option A) Day 17 would be Monday the 23rd and the likely collection day.  If I get a poor collection and they want to do a 3-day transfer, that would be on Thursday the 26th (BAD).  If I have a good collection and they do a 5-day transfer, that would be on Saturday the 28th (GOOD). If collection was Friday the 20th (day 14, Option B) which is unlikely with my history, a 3-day transfer would be on Monday the 23 (GOOD) and a 5-day transfer would be on Wednesday the 25th (GOOD).

If my period arrives Sunday (May 8) then collection would likely be Monday the 23rd (day 16) and we again have Option A.  Or, it could be Wednesday the 25th (day 18, Option C) which would mean a day 3 transfer would be on Saturday the 28th (GOOD) and a 5 day transfer would be on Monday the 30th (GOOD).

If my period arrives Monday (May 9) then collection could be Monday the 23rd (day 15) and we're on Option A again, or collection is more likely to be on Wednesday the 25th (day 17) which would be Option C.

So basically, a 25% chance that the timing will suck.

I have managed to line up a last minute fill in for me if this is the case, but I hope it's not.  However, looking at it like this gives me some comfort because it's only in the case of a less desired outcome (no good embryos collected on Monday the 23rd) that it's the BAD scenario and I'm obviously hoping for good embryos that make it to blastocyst in which case all of the options are good.  Okay. Maybe I can stop obsessing about this now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment