Wednesday, May 11, 2016

IVF 1 - Day 3

So managed to do my first injection last night but forgot I had a dinner to go to and so didn't do it until 10pm which was a bit later than my intended 8pm.  Today I have my drugs with me as I'll have to inject after the movie which will be around 8:30/9:00.  At least I'm moving it in the right direction and should be then back on an 8pm routine.

The shot hurt a bit last night- I don't know why.  Just didn't get the angle quite right so it was very pokey going in and I even moved it to see if it would be less pokey, but no. Anyway, I got it done and that was that.

I forgot that this morning I had an appointment with the counselor up at my clinic so I got in to work a bit late, turned on my computer, looked at my diary and was like, 'Oh shit!' so I had to put all my stuff back on and cycle to the clinic.  Oops.  While I was there I had a chat with the nursing team about when my first scan is scheduled for.  They reassured me that Day 8 (which is their Day 7 since they count stim days, not from period days) is completely regular and fine.  They did offer to give me a scan on Friday if I wanted one, but as I would have only been stimming for three days at that point, they didn't think there would be any adjustments.  So fine.  It really won't make any difference for me to see it on Friday versus Monday so I will just wait.  But I felt better for asking.

The talk with the counselor was good.  She was very nice.  This was a hoop jumping requirement by my clinic due to my use of donor sperm.  Right now I feel okay with everything, so I really just chatted to her and she asked some questions and all that was fine.  We did spend some time talking about the boyfriend because that is complicated.  I don't know that it helped to talk to her about it, but perhaps just again reassured me that I've got this sorted in my  own mind and am prepared for what may happen either way (he sticks around or he doesn't stick around if I get pregnant).  He and I still don't talk about the baby plan although I continue to update him on each step as I'm doing it.  I know he's not properly dealt with it in his own mind yet, but it's really just not my problem.  It would be my problem if I was relying on him, but I'm not.  I enjoy his company for what it is and if I lose it, I'll be sad.  But the baby plan is my primary focus and he's not actively part of that.  It's also why I was pleased to hear from the pregnant ladies at the DCN conference about doulas.  They all advocated for having one with you in the delivery room and I've since looked into it and looks like a great idea.  So I'm not even worried about who is going to be there with me because I will pay someone to be there with me.

I worked out with the counselor that it's not that I'm feeling optimistic about all this, it's just that I'm excited to be actually doing it.  I'm not unrealistic about the odds, but it's exciting to be doing something- moving forward, etc.  Although I may not feel that way a week from now, I feel that way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment